Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Finding the Way

I may have mentioned all ready that my wife and I are in a bit of a pickle. My wife's job is slowly winding down. It may not be long and she will not have enough hours to get benefits. Since we live in the state of New York (read unbearable taxes) we won't be able to stay here. We are desperately working at finding the way.

Finding the Way


I know I talked before about moving to the South. The snow and cold of upstate NY is something I no longer wish to endure. It's just too much! That coupled with the situation with my wife's work leads us to try and find a way to live that isn't working as a greeter at Wal-Mart. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Don't hate me greeters!

My wife is an artist first and a healer second. Instead of doing either of those things, she works in a credit union. She hates her job, although she won't admit it. The question is, how does she promote her art? What sort of things will sell? How does she promote her energy healing skills and where will that sort of thing be accepted and wanted?

For me, I'm a musician, performer, writer, and ebook formatter. I do all those things to some degree to bring in money, but if you lump them all together, I might be able to buy a bag of groceries.

Now I understand that our dilemma is not unique to us. There are tons of retired folks out there who are not ready for the grave, but don't want to be a part of the corporate world either. I know that is also true for a fair amount of young people who just don't feel like they belong. Finding the way can be hard.

I just read something this morning about living with intention. That's one of those buzz words that sound all new agey to me and doesn't mean much. This morning when I read it the thought hit me that maybe it means getting up each morning and doing whatever it is you feel you want to do in this world to the best of your ability.

If you were going to dig a hole out in the yard, you'd get up, eat some breakfast, collect whatever tools, and go out and dig until you were satisfied with the hole.

Why not do that with things like selling your art, or your music, or your whatever it is you do?

There are thousands of people the world over who get up each morning and do the thing that makes them happy. There are millions of people who get up and go to work at something that is not satisfying or lucrative. Which one are you?

How can you change?

No comments:

Post a Comment