Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Charelston

A couple of weeks ago, we went on vacation to Charleston, SC. We met my daughter and her family, and my brother and sister-in-law there. My daughter has a popup camper and my brother has a 33' motorhome. We have a teardrop trailer.

Our Teardrop

We love our little trailer! My brother gave me some grief about having such a dinky RV, but after we compared mileage on our drives to the campground, the comments sort of died down.

Charleston is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. It was great being in the warmth of the South, but the bugs were a bit much. Also, Charleston is EXPENSIVE! You have got to be rich to live there, and rich I ain't.

We visited a huge oak called the Angel Tree. I think it was the highlight for me on the trip. My wife and I both follow a nature based spirituality and connecting with this tree was great!



The trip cost us a bit; about $800, but it was a lot of fun! We could have saved a bit by camping in a state campground instead of a private one, and not eating out so much. We could have saved a bit on gas if I had kept my lead foot out of the gas peddle, but I was in a hurry to get there and then a hurry to get back. It's one of the things I have to work on in this stage of my life.

Don't be in such a hurry!


No comments:

Post a Comment